Saturday, May 26, 2007

Recovery Day 2

Thanks Jen for giving me a few hours of solid sleep. I waited for the nurse shift change and went back to my room sometime after midnight, it took me a bit to unwind, but once I got to sleep I didn't stir until late morning.

I hustled to the Hospital to find Jamie in good spirits, I think the transfusion really helped give her a boost. I missed Goff's visit this AM, but caught her in hall long enough to give her a ration of cookies, apparently Katrina's PB recipe was particularly tempting.

Walking is a must today and I hope it will help Jamie get her guts in working order and alleviate some of the pain. She is far more alert, cheery and much more herself this morning, bossing me about and and taking a lot more ice chips. May is our daytime nurse again today hopefully yesterdays efforts will be rewarded with an easy day today, at least with this patient.

Thanks for the puzzle books and blanket Dana, both will get plenty of use in the coming weeks. And of course Katrina has done more than her share already and continues to help by taking our laundry. Dinner was also great last night guys, that was quite the buffet we had in my hotel room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie and John!
Glad to hear the transfusion gave Jamie a boost. We here at the Mills compound think of you two and check the blog often. What an amazing thing-we have never blogged before. Anyway, all of us are pulling for a VERY speedy recovery for you. We slept out last night under the maple tree by the dog kennel, Mackenzie wanted to sleep in her treehouse. So she slept up there and we bunked on a mattress on the ground. Too funny! xoxo Lisa

Mamamax said...

Hi! How wonderful to hear the good news! I am so thankful! You two are amazing. So if you want a little more entertainment to make you laugh try this site :) All me and corny. :)

mamamax6@blogspot.com

read 'slugging'

Love Kathy Maxwell

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie and John,

We were so glad to hear the surgery was a success and the result was such good news!! Jamie your true inner strength has really shined through and John & yours positive attitude has been so inspiring for all of us! You two are amazing! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!! You go girl :)

Hugs and Love to you both!
Fred and Kim

Jen said...

Hi Jamie and John,
Glad to hear Jamie is feeling better after the transfusion. I have some more cookie ideas brewing but let me know if you have a hankerin' for anything in particular! :)
Jen