Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Job Assignments

I called Katrina toninght to ask her if she would set up a blog and she said that she already had! Thanks Katrina, you have always been one step ahead when it comes to planning stuff for Jamie. She truly is the best of best friends.

As for other chores being delegated, our neighbors the Joan and Leo are in charge of watering the plants, many of which we put into the ground in just the last couple of weeks. They will help ensure a good berry crop this summer.

My Mom, Sharon and Katelyn will share dog and rabbit duty. I am sure they will love the extra attention. Shorty in fact is going to school tomorrow for show and tell. Jennifer has bravely volenteered to take him to the dogwash beforehand to ensure he looks his best.

My Mom and Sharon have already sent some treats our way, the highlight of course being my mother's choclate chip cookies. Sharon has us well supplied with tortillas as well. Always a good snack to put in your pockect before you head out for a long day of appointments.

My Dad came by today as well to help me with our towel bar in the main bath and make a list of a few other items we are going to fast track to get us through another year. Siding and roofing was next on the list starting June, but a little patchwork will get through another year and put my mind at ease. Thanks Dad.

Ken brought the bobcat over last weekend so I could finish the grading next door in anticipation of sod for the front yard. Benito and gang will put down some sod in a week or so, thus getting the last of the sitework done before summer hits and leaving us a good stopping point for a few months.

So were are less than a week into this and our friends and family have already shown us great strength and support. Jamie and I appreaciate all your help and know you will be there for us as we start this journey.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong as you always have been.

Jen said...

Soon this will be a distant memory:)

Let me know what I can help with!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

This is Shanan Husted from Peninsula High wishing you the best in your recovery! You go, girl!