Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Finding Humor where I can

Wow..I am truly grateful for all your support. I will probably write that in every post. I can feel the love in all your comments.

I thought you all might like a laugh. The cleansing began at 2pm..thanks to my nurse at SCCA. I will be giving her a hug when I see her. The doc's instructions were to start at 4pm...oh that would have been bad. So it is now 7 1/2 hours into the process and three rolls of TP later, the process is finally slowing down, I've only had to RUN to the bathroom twice while trying to write this post (LOL!!) I think I have lost about 15lbs, probably not, but my clothes are definitely loose.

I check into the hospital at 8:45am. Dr. Goff moved up the time. The surgery is supposed to last somewhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on what they encounter. I probably will have an hour or two before surgery getting fluids and talking to the anesthesiologist.

I want to give a huge Thank You to Sharon and Pete Martinez. Sharon stocked our fridge and I have just about every clear liquid I can think of at my disposal. It's been great trying all the different juices and eating finger jello (lovingly made by Sharon) They also picked up the rabbits, who are in for a change. Sharon puts the rabbits through boot camp. They are so unruly for us, until she has then for a week or two. She can hypnotize them and they get all floppy and docile. I think she is a rabbit whisperer. I know they are in good hands.

John has also discovered a Japanese restaurant by the hotel and has already made friends with the sushi chef, no doubt to gain special treats. He took cookies to the front desk for allowing us to have early check in without having to pay for the room last night(Thanks Katrina the delicious treats are coming in handy already). I am so glad we came up early, John thinks of everything.

This will probably be my last post for a day or so...I'm taking all your good wishes with me as I head into Battle to CLOBBER THIS CANCER!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding humor is so important. Watch a lot of funny movies after your surgery, and keep that smile on! I know you'll do great!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie--
You make me smile every time I read your comments. Today is a very special day, a day to begin to clobber cancer. Your strength and will will mean a lot. It's not surprising John made friends with the Chef at the Japenese restaurant. John can make friends with anyone. I love you, love you, love you!!! Like the other Jen said...You go girl!!!
Love,
Jennifer & Katelyn

Unknown said...

Jamie,
Hope everything goes well with the surgery. Your strength will help you get through this, and I know that John will be a great advocate for you in the hospital. As always, we're thinking of you.
Love,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Jamie

I just wanted to know you have the formula for success to beat this. You are at one of the top 10 cancer facilitates in the United States (yep I looked it up this morning). When you combine that with your age, health and incredible attitude it only gives you one optinion, SUCCESS!