Monday, June 4, 2007

Homeward Bound

Well it happned tonight about 7 pm so now Jamie gets to go home in the morning.

I just want to say thanks to all the great people at UWMC 7 SE who have been our caretakers and our friends thorugh this first battle in our war against Jamie's cancer. Even more than your profesional care, your personal time to talk, listen to us ramble about Shorty or tell us about your lives really helped. Jamie and I have been together a long time and thus in such circumstances it was difficult to talk( or think) about anything but her cancer, thanks for helping us see a little sunshine through these dark times.

I also want to send my love and support to all those other pateints and their family and friends who I met in the hall, elevator or family lounge. I may not know all your names and our conversations may have been breif, but I want to thank you for giving me that nod or comment that let me know you understand. Many of you have also made Jamie and I feel fortunate as we have seen others in even more dire circumstances than ours, and taught us that no matter what happens, stick togehter and don't give up. Thank you.

And to all our friends and family, thank you for keeping us in touch with the oustide world by reading and commenting on our blog, sending treats, gifts, visiting or just thinking positive thoughts.

Good night.

8 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Congrats on going home! Yea for you! Continue your speedy recovery! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Great news. We will let you get settled in and then swing by with some rations. I am available for errands, grocery getting, whatever. Good work Jamie!

Jen said...

Wonderful news! I am sure you are both ready to get settled back in at home! Let me know when you are ready for a delivery of meals and cookies:)
Jen

Anonymous said...

Yayyy Jamie! Way to go!! Your bed is going to feel sooooo good tonight! Let me know what your needs are.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Enjoy your comforts of home! I wish I lived closer by so I could help out, but it seems that you are in very good hands.

~ Shanan

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think you would be so excited over a little BM?!
Congratulations!
It was so good to see you both on Sunday. I was sorry to have had to cut my visit so short when Sophia arrived, but I knew that bringing a 2 year old into a hospital room at 2 in the afternoon without a nap would be a bad idea. We'll look forward to coming down for a visit soon.
Jamie, you have a great attitude and I know you realize that you have a long road ahead. Keep talking, keep smiling, and keep letting people know what you need. You have a lot of love and support out there. Don't forget to use it.
Love, Becky

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Bet it will feel great to back in your own bed, your own bathroom, etc. And not having to rely on the ever elusive nourishment room.

Love,
ali

Anonymous said...

Jamie & John - We have been following your progress and hold you in our thoughts and prayers. Excellent news that you are able to go home. God Bless. Matt & Donna Schreiber