Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Getting Easier

Well as far as chemo goes things do seem to be getting easier. I haven't had as much nausea this time, perhaps from the bright instruction from Dan to get the meds on board sooner rather than later when I'm starting to feel bad. Seemed to do the trick. Now if I could just get the achy joints to follow suit. Ibuprofen is allowed this time around and does seem to help. Tylenol Pm is still a go to for bedtime.

I met a gal in my neighborhood who's name is Laura and she is going thru breast cancer treatments as we speak. She is very nice and upbeat, amazing because she gets chemo every Wednesday, despite having two children ages 3 and 8months. She got diagnosed in December. She is a trooper that's for sure. Had a nice chat and hope to have more with her. Like me she is 34 years old as well. She taught me how to tye my new scarves..they have insect repellent built in...for me who gets buggy.

John and the boys put down a bunch of new sod in our yard. With this hot weather, we have to water, water, water like crazy, which means Shorty goes crazy too. He loves the sprinklers and has a great time chasing the streams of water whenever he can. He gets pretty worked up, so I have to get him back in the basement for rest periods.

I have been venturing out a little in the car too. I went to Starbucks this morning for a tasty treat. We even went to a restaurant last night for dinner...El Sarape..very good hit the spot. I've also been trying to do chores like laundry and dishes, so John doesn't have to worry about those as well as the other stuff he has going on in is head like trail bikes and diesel trucks.

Hope all is well with everyone reading! I thank you all for your posts and encouragement..it's the first thing I do when I wake up..check the blog!! Thanks again

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. Is it safe to say I never thought I'd see you in matching pink garments? You look so great, and love the bright colors (and matching tablecloth). Erik also makes the ideal accessory... he's getting big!! Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I feel like this message is long overdue. This is Kelly Reynolds. Nona emailed me with your blog address when she arrived up from Arizona. I have been following closely and am enjoying myself thoroughly. I appreciate all the honesty and humor by each blogger, and I must say that your husband is a fabulous writer (must be a Crase thing, huh Anne?). All the pics are wonderful too. I haven't seen all of the McLaughlin children in quite a while. And Jamie, I never knew someone could look so good without hair. I think you are giving Demi Moore a run for her money...was I the only one that watched that movie (G.I. Jane)? Anyways, I could go on and on, so I'd better put a sock in it now. You and your crowd of supporters are so inspiring. Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Jamie-

I think you are doing awesome Jamie. You are such an inspiration to me and other people.

I got the wonderful opportunity to meet Laura from the neighborhood park when Jamie, Katelyn, and I were on a walk. I have to say....Laura is very incredible!!!! I was in awe at how great she looks and her amazing strength while raising two small children. Both you and Laura related to one another in just minutes. She is battling cancer head on just like you. The two of you will get through this and maybe you will be able to spark a new long lasting friendship.

I am so happy you will have someone to talk to that knows first hand what you are going through. What a wonderful gift for the both of you.

I love you Jamie and you continue to inspire me everyday!!! Get ready for another walk tomorrow. We will get you ready for that hike in August/September:)

Jennifer

jkluginbill said...

We are so glad to read that you are doing well. We have been neglectful on commenting, however read often!

You are truely an inspiration and such an amazing person. You are forever in our thoughts.

Take care.

p.s. You look great w/ your new "do." Very impressive! :)

Anonymous said...

Even though we communicate in other ways, I check the blog each day, too. Always find out things I did not know!!

Laura sounds like a great person! It's a comradery few of us can offer you.

Murphy's law that it should get hot just as you laid sod, but the upside is that grass loves sun, so it should be beautiful.

Later....
Love, K

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I've never actually written to a blog, blogged, I don't even know the correct verb to use - Obviously I'm slowing stepping into the millenium and all the technology that surrounds us. It's been great to read updates and see how wonderful you look. I'm impressed and inspired by your strength. Know we are all three thinking of you and sending our positive energy your way!
Love, Dana

BethMc said...

Sorry I haven't made it over yet this week. I've had a few extra kids on and off this week. I'll drop my mom's goodie bag off Friday afternoon. I'm happy to hear this round of chemo went smoothly.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your post chemo week has been better and that you have been getting out and about. Sounds like you have a wonderful group of supporters and kindred spirits in your neighborhood-- that is cool.
We've enjoyed the sprinklers this week, too, with such hot days. Can understand Shorty's fascination with them.
Keep up the good fight. We're with you.
Love, J & D

Anonymous said...

Jamie-

Where have you been girl? Katelyn and I called to take you for a walk and you were not home. Does this mean that you went back to work? Are you out shopping?? Whatever you are up to, I hope you are feeling great and enjoying yourself with a lot of laughs with some friends.

GOOD NEWS....I just finished all my corrections for my thesis. I will be taking it in to get it signed off on MONDAY! HURRAY! I think the 120 pages are all a blurr....I don't remember writing it, I only remember correcting it over and over!!!:)

Have a great Saturday, call me if you get bored and need a walking partner.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I have read your last posting and it sounds like you are doing great. I know that you're on your way today, for your next round of chemo. Good luck and you really look good in your new head-covers.

I now call Shorty, have dog will travel. I know he loves chasing the girls and hanging out in the back yard. It sounds like walking across the Narrows was a blast. I wish I was there. Of course, when we were going to GH I always felt relived that we made it across the bridge. LOL

It is still hoter than H---- here, well into the 90 degrees. I do my walk at 7am every morning to beat the heat. Tell John good luck with his new bike. I am thinking about getting one also, but I'm sure it will be a Huffy from Walmart. Well enough good luck and hope to talk to you soon.

Love, LeaAnne, Bob and Choyak