Monday, July 30, 2007

Campin' Out

Just like any other summer...camping with Jamie and John is always a great time. Well, and we always love to see Shorty too! We've camped, travelled, hiked and co-habitated with them enough that we are a great team in any situation, but especially on the road. It was a pleasure to lunch with them at their trailer Saturday, have such efficient help with organizing and "tidying up" around camp, and cook breakfast under the trees with Jamie on Sunday morning. An enjoyable and relaxing weekend at Tolt MacDonald campground, and we look forward to hiking later in the season!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIssed being with you for this trip! I could just imagine how green and cool it must have been under the trees. Last year was SO much fun!! Sounds like it was a good trip all around. Smokey (from all the forest fires) and very hot here, so it sounded especially appealing to me!
K

Jen said...

Definitely a beautiful location, wish we could have stayed longer! Jamie, I will have to catch up with you the next time you are up, I forgot that Chris and I are having a date-night this Friday since mom will be home for the weekend and wants BOTH kids to spend the night!!!! This will be Ben's first time!

It was good to see you Saturday, you look awesome!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Jamie-

I'm glad you got a chance to get away with great friends, delicious food and beautiful scenery. I'm sure Madeline had a great time with Shorty.

I hope this week and chemo treat you just as well.

Love you Jamie!!!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Your camping location looked great! From the picture it looks like you could have used a little help in the kitchen. =0)

It is good to see that you are getting out and enjoying yourself. Thanks for helping me with Kately and her swimming lesson on Friday, and for lunch.

Nick

BethMc said...

I heard about your counts from Kenny. Way to go! You made it! I'm very happy for you guys and I am very proud of the way you both have handled such a tough road in your lives. You're down the long stretch and only have a little more to go.