Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just The Girls

I finally found it! I love this photo. Just the girls hanging out on a day trip to Sedona, AZ in October 2004. The guys were hunting in Montana and Jamie & I were enjoying the 90+ degree weather for a week at her parents' place in Arizona. We explored, shopped, swam, got massages, etc.—girl stuff. Fitting that I found this today since Jamie was witness to my photo sorting when she made a pitstop here on her way home.

After her morning blood draw at the SCCA today, Jamie came by for lunch and a visit. Lunch, catching up, fun—as usual. She's doing well today, and (as always) looks great. Oh! Her eyebrows and lashes are already growing back, and a little peach-fuzz on top of her head too. It's very blond... maybe it'll be gloriously curly and blond. That would be cool. She's hoping for curls.

This time after IP chemo (#2) was harder than the first session. More aches, and the joint pain was back again which moving helps, but then she tires herself out with the remedy of walking. But, swimming has helped and she's gone in to work to keep busy too. John's (as usual) busy too, and they're finishing up the basement as well, and both looking forward to some R&R together this weekend. Hmm... that's all I know for an update, everything else is just two gals catching up on an ordinary day in October. Sedona, Seattle—besides the weather, it's all the same when you're hanging out with your best girlfriend...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time you gals are in Arizona, I'll definitely make the trip up to Sedona with you! I love Sedona!! That's a great picture. You guys look so happy and relaxed!

Anonymous said...

I remember that trip! You two were really living it up. Maybe you can talk your husbands into letting you do that again sometime?? ;)

I was so pleased when Anne called to tell me you were finally feeling better, Jamie. It was a long haul this time!

Looking forward to being home to see you! I can't wait for us to escape together in the trailers!!

Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Hope you and John had a good weekend escape--the weekend weather was perfect! Do hope you're feeling good and as the saying goes, full of 'piss and vinegar!' We'll have to meet for dinner someting this week -- gotta see that peach-fuzz on your noggin!
Sharon

Jen said...

Jamie, as always, it's great to hear how you are doing. You are so strong and brave. Keep up the great work, and I am sure you are working, and before you know it you'll be finishing up your last treatment and off celebrating!

Katrina W. said...

Sounds like you guys did escape this weekend - good for you!! Can't wait to hear about it!

jkluginbill said...

Love that pic. You two look carefree. I wish for you to have curls as well...they are really nice on those "I don't want to do my hair days!"

Anonymous said...

Jamie-

I'm glad to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend away. A walk on the beach with the sun shining sounds extremely enticing.

Enjoy your week feeling good. Maybe you could go swimming. If you do, try to do a few laps for me.

I hope you have curls coming in, blonde hair would be nice too. Just think of all the money you could save by having natural blonde hair instead of dying your hair to look blonde,like all the other people in this world:)

I love you and I think of you often!

Jennifer