Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crazy Fun Adventures

John and I have had a couple adventures in the last couple of days. We decided to go camping last weekend and travelled out to Westport Friday night. The weather turned out to be wonderful and the cranberry festival was going on. John went for a couple of really long bike rides and we quickly toured the cranberry festival. We had a peaceful, restful time.

Over the weekend, a tractor and trailer was stolen from the lumberyard in Olympia. John and I were on our way to dinner last night with Pete and Sharon, when John spotted a cargo trailer load of truck parts that looked suspiciously like the parts off the truck that was stolen. So, we began to follow the truck down I-5, while talking to the county sheriff. We followed the truck towards Bucoda, when the truck suddenly turned into a driveway. Being the cautious guy that John is, we turned around and waited for the cops. The whole time our adrenaline was going crazy. I keep telling John, get closer, don't lose them. He keeps saying we should turn around and stop following...it was exciting. The cops showed up rather quickly and checked out the load. The guy had some story about having the parts in storage...blah, blah. I still think they were the parts, but the cops took pictures and checked out his story. It still remains to be seen, but they could be the parts. It was some of the most excitement we've had in a long time...it was like being a detective. The best part was that Pete and Sharon were willing to wait for us to have dinner, even though we were over and hour late. Thanks guys.

Other good news, I got the results from my last blood draw and my CA-125 was back down to 12. I was rather surprised, because they had prepared me for it to go up (it did go up to 17 after the first IP round). IP is really rough, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. It takes about a week and a half to start to feel human again. I have a large stock of anti-nausea meds and I used them all this last time. I've been swimming again too, it's such a relaxing activity for me, as well as beneficial exercise.

For those of you who are interested, I saw this blip on King5 about a treatment for ovarian cancer survivors. I am going to ask Dr. Goff about it this weekend and am interested in becoming part of the study if she thinks it's a good idea. I'm young and willing to try anything!!

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/showVideo.php?vidId=182538

9 comments:

Katrina W. said...

Oh, happy day! Good to hear from you. ;o)

12 - that's an excellent, fabulous, wonderful number - congrats!!! Wow - you have had some crazy adventures lately. Sounds exciting though.

Very cool info about the new treatment for survivors. I'll be interested to hear what Dr. Goff says about it.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!!!! Happy Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Dinner was great last night -- it was worth the wait just to get to have the time to visit with you two. We came home and watched the first disc of "Provenance." Can't imagine moving to another country without being fluent in the language. Some people are braver than others. Hope you were able to get to sleep after your adrenaline high!
Jamie, you're looking good!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of excitement! I hope you guys can recover the tractor and trailer with your fancy detective work.

Thanks for sharing the great news about your CA-125 number. Also the new treatment sounds promising. I am glad you will have an opportunity to get Dr. Goff's thoughts about it. It would be wonderful if the immune system could be tricked into fighting cancer wouldn't it?

Well we are thinking of you guys. Do you still like to get cookies? It is the season for spice cookies and pumpkin breads and all sorts of baked goodies.

Katie

Jamie said...

I do love to get cookies and any sort of bread--although I'm not having any trouble keeping weight on LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Jamie
It was good to see you yesterday, you looked good.

Your adventure does sound exciting. That is how I felt when I thought I saw the guy hanging out around work. I wanted to go right up to him, but John was smart to wait for the police.
The two of you could probably put the puzzle pieces together on the missing truck and trailor. Criminals really aren't that smart!!!! When I need help at school solving a case with which kid said what first, and who hit the other first , I will have to give the two of you a call. (HA HA)

It sounds like the two of you can conquer anything. The ovarian cancer tratment sounds really appealing. Way to go on your number 12. All that swimming and positive energy really pays off.

Katelyn and I made magic cookie bars. Boy are they magical, they were really yummy. Come on by for a bite.
We love you and havae fun going up to Seattle tomorrow!
Jennifer, Nick, Katelyn, and Soren.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie -

What a busy and productive day we had today! As always, lunch was one of my highlights :)

Good news on your CA-125 levels. I am sure there will be some other treatments that you will be eligible for, due to your excellent health and attitude. That trial does sound interesting though... It will give you some good questions to ask this weekend.

You have to post an update on your crime story, as it sounds like you've got everyone on the edge of their seat...

So glad you have fun plans for your bday on Saturday. You are looking awesome, and those little baby eyelashes are pretty darn cute. Sorry that they itch tho...

See you both very soon.

Love,
Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie.
I heard about dinner from my mom, but she left out the good part -- the detective story! Congrats on your numbers. It's realy encouraging, even if you are still feeling bad from the IP treatments.

So glad that we had a chance to see you while we were out there. I'm not too sure when our next cross country trip will be after the baby. Take care.

Love,
ali

Jen said...

Wow, I think I got an adrenaline rush just reading that story! Glad you both are safe and ecstatic to hear about your number 12!!! I think some cookies will be making their way to you shortly :)

Unknown said...

Modern medicine is amazing, and getting more so by the day. Combine that with your strong spirit, and it's a combination that just can't lose!

~ Shanan