Monday, August 6, 2007

New Numbers

Not to overshadow the previous post, but the physical therapist today let me sneak a peek at my CA-125 number it was 16!!! (this is prior to chemo #5)

I met with the physical therapist for my lymphedema, which has retreated with the cooler weather and my swims at the pool. She was so excited that I was a swimmer and felt well enough to swim at the pool. I can honestly say, I notice marked results when I swim, so I will be keeping that up. She also taught John some massage type technique to help with scar tissue around all my incisions, especially the groin area where I had the most trauma. He could feel a difference in just a few minutes of manipulation. It will help to spread the fluid away from the scar tissue and distribute it throughout my body. Next session we will learn some massage techniques. I think we will continue to take our flexible appointments up at SCCA until we feel confident enough with the plan to move down here to another therapist.

Wednesday is a big day as well. We see Dr. Goff for the first time post surgery. I'm excited to hear what she has to say about my progress and pester her with questions about IP chemo as well. I start IP on the 9th of September at the UW. I really do not know what to expect of how it's going to effect me. It will just be nice to get a baseline of where she thinks I am. She is the boss!!

We are trying to plan some hikes after my last round of chemo. A short overnighter with the Wood clan and a longer hike into the Olympics, possibly with the Mills, or maybe alone if it doesn't work out. I think John is determined to make things normal. The Olympic hike would be over our 11th anniversary...what a way to celebrate!!

5 comments:

Katrina W. said...

16!! Sweet!!! Way to go Jame! Happy you got some tips from the therapist, and that they are thrilled about, and encouraging, the swimming.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jamie!!! We are celebrating all of your steps to recovery.

16 has always been a fine number in the eyes of teenagers, but I think single digits are just around the corner for you. Katelyn said your next CA125 number will be 9, Nick picked 7 and I think I will meet them both in the middle with 8.

Keep up the good work and I will be checking on your progress when I can from AZ adn CA.

Love you and keep up the swimming, it will get you ready for the hikes.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

Jamie,
Wow! Congrats on the great numbers! Should we be starting a betting pool for the next time?

Not much going on here -- we're just watching my belly get bigger. Once I figure out where the cord for AJ's camera is, I'll send photos.

Love,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie and John,
Hiking, swimming,camping...sounds like the summer is improving. Keep up the good work...and keep those positive thoughts working!
Nona and Buz

jkluginbill said...

Wow! Sounds like things are going...swimmingly! You continue to be in our thoughts and we continue to read about your progress! Yea for you! Have fun hiking/camping!