Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Trails

Excellent hike along the Dosewallips River this past weekend with the Crases. Great weather, fabulous company and a beautiful setting. It was very relaxing with the sound of the river lulling us to sleep at night, and Jamie even slept in on Saturday morning until about 8:30. The only negative of the site was the mosquitos, but once John got a fire going the pesky bugs left us alone. Seems like this trail was a good practice run for Jamie and John's next hike. Here are some photos...

John & Jamie hit the trail!

Saturday Morning Campfire

Don't mess with Jamie and Erik!
Yeah, OK, so they look more feisty than menacing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katrina for sharing your camping trip with us. I feel like I was there and I didn't have to go through the torture of being bit by mosqioutos, nor did I have to put in any effort to hike:) Erik is sure a cutie and growing like a weed.

Jamie you continue to amaze me with your strength and efforts. I promise that the next time we watch SHORTY I will not have to panic the whole neighborhood while we search for the little guy in the alley. I want you to know SHORTY is quite the escape artist and I am thinking he may need some professional training on returning when his name is called. Oh what am I saying....he is no different than kids in my class, who choose to ignore me when I call their name:) LOL

Keep up the good work swimming and hiking!!!

Jennifer

Katrina W. said...

Everytime I show E this pic of you two, he coos, flashes his most charming smile...and starts flirting with your likeness. I knew he was smitten with you, but Geez! ;o)

So, E says "hi" and he's just busy "gettin' pie" for his Jamie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pics - love the one of Jamie and Erik in their bandanas. Looks like you guys had some classic Washington weather out there! :) Happy Anniversary John and Jamie!!

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Couldn't believe the SIZE of Joel's pack . . . Macho Man!!
Sharon