Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Great News

I had my appt with Dr. Goff on Monday. All Clear!! All my tests came back negative and she doesn't know why I'm having the pain. Her best guess is my nerves are working double time and driving me crazy. She prescribed an anti-seizure medication that is used to calm nerves. I have to work up to the full dose and have to be really careful coming off the medication as well. Hopefully it will help with the neuropathy in my feet as well. I don't have to have a blood draw for three months and no scans for six months--what a relief!

I had my first hair trim today!! Thanks Wendy for squeezing me in. It feels great, but we have all agreed my hair is strange. I call it "baby puppy fuzz". Wendy thinks maybe it is trying to be curly, but it gets confused. Oh well, at least I have hair to trim :)

I hope many of you can come join us in the Relay for Life. It's going to be great fun, and would be even better if all my loyal readers were to participate. I will try to keep reminding all of you to sign up!! See post below for details.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! Great news, and good to hear you sounding positive (and hopefully more comfortable!)

The relay should be fun, and we will all enjoy it so much more since we are celebrating your recovery.

Looking forward to seeing you (and your new haircut) on Thursday. :)

Anne

jkluginbill said...

Yay great news. You sound good and look good! :)

Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

How wonderful! No tests for 6 months... that's an accomplishment!!!

I'm actually going to be in town for your relay. I'll have my kids with me, so I'm not sure how much we will be able to do... but that Friday we'll probably at least stop by and cheer on the team!

~ Shanan

Jamie said...

It would be really fun to see you, Shanan!! I would love to meet your kids too!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Congratulations! You just keep clobbering away. David, Amanda and I are doing Relay for Life on May 30 & 31st at Mt. Tahoma High School. Stop by if you can, our team name is Carlson's Carnival Cruisin for a Cure! We also are having an online auction at http://www.carlson-wagonlit.com/Relay/

We are so happy that you are winning the battle. 10% of our company's staff has been affected by cancer of the past few years. We just had somebody lose a kidney to cancer.

Hope you can stop by!
David & Barbara Mielke

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, Jamie! It is wonderful to hear such good news. hope the seizure meds work to take the edge of (ore better yet eliminate all together) the pain you have been having!

Keep us posted!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Jamie -

Thanks for the update. We continue to keep you and John in our thoughts and prayers. Hope the anit-seizure medicine works on the pain.

Matt & Donna