Thursday, August 7, 2008

Three Months Down

I had my three month check up with Dr. Goff on Monday. Everything checked out great. My CA-125 was 10, well within the "normal" range. I had my Mammogram the week prior and all was well with that too. No need to get another for a year!! All you ladies who put that off, don't! Make sure you get checked. Try to get into one of the new digital ones. They don't have to squeeze as hard :)

So I am free for another three months, when I will get another CT Scan, CA-125 test and regular blood counts and of course my ever so favorite "exam"!

For those of you that I haven't told, the women's clinic at the SCCA, has a regular GYN doctor. Her name is Dr. Hipps and she sees "regular" patients. I got my sister to go up and meet her, and she will now be my sister's regular GYN. What's nice is you can have all your stuff done right there--mammogram, blood draws, and anything else they might want to do and with state of the art equipment (ie: the digital mammogram). Well worth the drive once a year!


P.S. I also got my 3rd haircut on Tuesday!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Excellent news Jamie!

Katrina W. said...

Very cool!! Ten's a fabulous number.

I had my first mammogram this morning on a digital machine and it was great. Really. Less obnoxious than going to the dentist even. I definitely second the high tech digitals ones!

Anonymous said...

Wow, better than the dentist. That is quite an endorsement in my mind! Good work Jamie - so glad to get that appt behind you for a little while. And I can't wait to see your most recent cut... you are growing into quite a style now. We still need to compare "products" at our earliest convenience. I have some really gooey stuff for you to try!

Hope to see you and John ASAP - it has been too long!

Love,
Anne

Jamie said...

I would love to compare products. I'm amassing quite a collection, but still looking for just the right one. It's been fun trying stuff out and "styling" my hair for once. I think I like my hair short! It's kinda sassy and fun! One of the products I found was Short, Sexy Hair spray wax. Whoo Hoo!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic CA-125 number!!! So good to see you living life, loving, and laughing. Continue to live life LARGE. I played with Shorty and Stella today at their 'private park' (P & K's upper lot). Shorty can be such a ding-dong. He's so good at the drop and roll. And he actually came when playtime was over and I said "Shorty, come." WOW.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jamie -

Great news about your 3 month check up results. Way to go!

Matt & Donna