Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Buds

Ten of the many reasons that I'm blessed to have Jame as my best bud:
  1. She remembers the face of someone she met five years ago at a party (who doesn't recall meeting her).
  2. She's wonderful to talk to about anything at all.
  3. We have similar taste in food and beverages, hmm... clothes and well, lots of other things.
  4. Our 26-years of history means I sometimes even forget things we've done (and like Jamie, I have a freakishly good memory) but she remembers the things I've forgotton, and vice versa.
  5. We do new stuff. Like she introduced me to the Lemon Drop Martini not that long ago.
  6. She loves my kids unconditionally, and is marvelous with them. She loves Joel too, and is good at arguing with and teasing him.
  7. She married John, who like all excellent partners, makes her better and stronger. Well, and we all love John too.
  8. She and I have made each other better too, and the minor tussles we've had over the years have only made us better friends.
  9. Yeah, and she's a kick-ass sous chef to my mess-making self.
  10. I don't have a sister, and I sometimes wished I did when I was a kid, but now I'm glad that I don't have another sibling. I've got my Jamie instead, and she's way better.

7 comments:

Katrina W. said...

oh, and she lets me blog on her blog - since I don't have enough of my own blogs to post to. Haha

Anonymous said...

Katrina -- your blogs are so thought provoking. Thanks for posting.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! And such a nice tribute to a good friend, Katrina. I so appreciate this site and can't thank you enough for being so faithful to it.

And speaking of sisters, I'll be having breakfast with mine tomorrow morning and will hopefully get a little additional news on you and John, Jamie! I have to have details on rabbits, dog, etc!

You're looking wonderful, Jamie. I like your hair short (think I've told you that before, but it is flattering, don't all of you agree?!!!).

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family one day, Katrina. In the meantime, could you share some of you blog addresses with me?

Love to all,

Pat and Audrey

Anonymous said...

Oops, little typo in my first entry. Should say your (not you) blogs, Katrina.

My bad.

Pat

Katrina W. said...

Yes, Jamie's hair looks great short. I agree.

My main blog is: http://forestdeep.blogspot.com, and others are linked from there.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to meeting you too someday, Pat. I was excited to finally discover (probably last year) that "Pat and Audrey" from the blog were Kathy's sister (cool) and her dog (with an excellent name!)

Katrina

Anonymous said...

Great post Katrina and nice pic of both you and Jamie (and some good stuff from the Melting Pot I see)!

Although I know this site was established with a specific purpose, it seems we now have all become regular voyeurs, just hoping for a glimpse into J&J's (usually) private lives...!

I for one, have enjoyed it immensely, and feel closer to both you guys as a result. Thanks for continuing to write and share. (And you too Katrina!)

Love,
Anne