Monday, December 3, 2007

Evening News

Ironically an early start yesterday to avoid an weather delays has transpired into the latest discharge time yet. We checked in just before 9 am. There was little snow on the ground north of Olympia and traffic was light, making for a speedy trip. After rejecting our first room due to a poor cleaning we moved down the hall only to find our selves in dimmer circumstances, as only one of the lights worked. Even though patient load was light, staffing was even lighter and the first bags from the pharmacy didn't get plugged in unitl after 3 PM. Chemo got going while Ken and Chris visited, as I snuck out to the School of Architecture Library to do a quick study on pressure treating glu-lams.

Still plagued by second day drop of my DSL connection at UWMC, I haven't worked up much of a post. I interogated Christine, today's chemo nurse for good gossip despite her own personal desire for Grey's Anatomy like drama to spice here work life up (or at least McDreamy like surgeons).

So Jamie made it through #5 OK, cheered on by visits from both our parents last night. Thanks for the Vietnamese dinner Mom C.

Tonight Jamie is bloated and seems a little rougher than ussual so I will round up some take out ASAP and start pushing the pills. Spirits are pretty good though as we can see the end coming.

The Wood clan is in quarantine, recovering from some sort of kid bug so we are without their company. We wish them a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing them soon in full form.

I hope all have survived the storm. My thanks to Jaon for checking on the basement. I worry little about the house, but feared that GB and BB would be using their litterbox as a life raft, drifiting around the basement.

Good night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to update John -- I knew you had visitors yesterday, so I wasn't sure if you would be sharing your wisdom this time around. Jamie, I hope that thoughts of a long break before Christmas will help you power through this week! Only one more... you have come so far!! Rest up & see you soon.

Love, Anne

Katrina W. said...

Thanks for the update John. We missed you guys tonight, well, really just missed you this weekend. Somehow, we'll figure out a make-up plan for cookies, etc.

Jamie, I hope you feel better in the morning, and am really happy to hear that you had visitors.

Sleep well, both of you, and have a safe trip home. See you soon! Love, Katrina

BethMc said...

One more treatment to go! Let me know if I can pick up anything for you this week. Maybe I could make a visit to the Tea Lady for you!?
Or if you need any help with the basement, just let me know. Grace and I are looking foward to the
20th.
Take care! Love you both!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I don't know exactly why, but I never feel "properly' informed unless I get a blog hit!!! So thank you again, John, for taking time to report.

I've been watching and listening to the news about your weather out there. Shelton was specifically mentioned on KSL radio Monday. I was wondering if the elder Crases would be able to leave on their "love journey" but since I haven't heard to the contrary I'm assuming they are by now in a much warmer, drier clime.

Jamie, you have a breather now so hopefully you can relax, enjoy Christmas, and then be done with your treatments before the New Year. I believe 2008 will be your and John's best year yet with much to celebrate and I'm looking forward to sharing a little of it with you before it gets very old.

And, Katrina, I would like to say (again) what a great method this blog has been for me to follow Jamie's progress. I'm very grateful to you for all you've done.

All of you "Keep your powder dry" out there and stay safe.

Pat & Audrey

P.S. John, do I need to send bunny-size life jackets?

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, only one more!!! Hope your 'yukky' days go by quickly and you feel better fast. 2008 will be the year to regain your strength, grow your hair, plan your trip to Australia, curl your eyelashes, wax your eyebrows, go on hiking and camping trips with John, and generally do what you damn well please! And as always, wearing that smile you've always worn through it all.
Sharon

Jen said...

Jamie, you continue to be in my thoughts. I hope you are going to have an awesome Christmas knowing that you kicked this thing! What a way to bring in the New Year!

I hope your house survived the floods! I got stuck in Woodinville for a while but it ended up being a good thing since Abby was in school at the time. I wanted to stay close to her so I didn't end up not being able to get to her when it was time. Ben and I spent some quality time together at Target....where there were many other stranded shoppers (I overheard a few cell phone conversations). Chris' buildings (and the surrounding area) were evacuated as the City of Bothell recommended. He had been working from home that morning luckily. I feel like it was all very exciting but I would probably feel differently if my loved ones or my house was effected!

Anyways, have a wonderful Christmas!
Jen
(Wish me luck on the grand opening of my school on Jan. 3!)