Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Perfect 11

Just a quick update. Yesterday's "all clear" report from Dr. Goff gave us the go ahead to celebrate a year of remission. Despite having successfully maneuvered through two rounds of chemotherapy without vomiting, Jamie apparently does not have similar resistance to Mai Tais. But still the Blues Travellers at the Showbox was a just the right way to let go of the anxieties of the week between scan and exam.

I can not think of anything else I could be more thankful for.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jamie!! One year down, many more to go! You are such an inspiration. I'll toast to your success and health! Maybe I'll go easy on the Mai Tais though ;)

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!! Marvelous post!!! Love it. Hmm... Mai Tais and Cosmos too, why do all the tasty drinks do that? ;o)

I trust the Blues Travellers rocked - happy to hear that you had a great time and have wonderful news to celebrate.

Yippe-Kai-Yea!!!

Love, KW

Anonymous said...

Oh, and "11" is the new CA125 number I presume, not the number of MaiTais that it took to induce vomiting.

;o)

KW

Jen said...

Oh Jamie, I am so happy for you. I will definitely raise my glass for you Thursday.

PS- Maybe you need to switch to Margaritas! Mmmm, my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

One year down!!! Time to celebrate!! We have a lot to be thankful for!
We will have to find you a new drink. Maybe a Cosmo? or Wine? I hope you are feeling chipper by Thanksgiving.
Love you
Jennifer

jkluginbill said...

Fantastic news...

Too bad about the Mai Tais...I will totally have one for her (although my last Mai Tai experience may not have been the best either)...

Anyway...

YAY!

Anonymous said...

It makes our spirits soar to the sky and beyond! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!
P & S

Mamamax said...

How wonderful to celebrate 2 birthdays and a year. I rejoice with you both.