Saturday, October 25, 2008

36!


Nope, that's not my CA-125 number, it's my age! Hard to believe eh? The wonderful "giant cookie cake" you see there was provided by none other than my crazy (I say that in the most enduring way) baking friend, Katrina. Five layers of cookie goodness (Martha Stewart recipe) with cream cheese frosting in the middle. Unbelievable! John also furnished a made to order Cherry pie! (my absolute favorite)
Thanks to all that celebrated with me this year! It was my best birthday ever. Friends, Family, what more could I ask for.
Sidenote: Dr. Goff has asked me to be a part of a panel discussion at a special event for UW donors, doctors and others entitled "Cinema in Science". I am so excited to help her in any way that I can. If I can get the word out and allow other women to find this crazy cancer early, I'm all in. We will be screening the movie "Wit" with Emma Thompson. For those of you who haven't seen it, be prepared, it is a tear jerker. I would like everyone to know, I did not ever feel or was treated as portrayed in the film. I hope that is not what other women think treatment is like. I will update more once the discussion is over, sometime after Tuesday the 28th.
I'm off to get my 5th haircut!!!

8 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Very cool! All of it! :)

Happy (belated) birthday!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it. And happy birthday! The cookie cake sounds so yummy... mmmmmm Happy 36!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it. And happy birthday! The cookie cake sounds so yummy... mmmmmm Happy 36!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have no idea why that posted twice. I guess it's twice the birthday love! haha

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! Wish I could have snuck out for coffee with you and Katrina last weekend but we'll have to have a belated celebration!

I remember balling my head off at Wit...love Emma Thompson....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jamie. Love the picture!!! I can't wait to hear about the Cinema of Science discussion with Dr. Goff and UW donors. I'm sure they will be in awe of your knowledge and will power. Here's to you!!

Love you
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

36 is going to be a great year!

That's a wonderful picture -- shows off your new haircut so well. Dr. Goff is lucky to have you on speed dial :) You and John have been an inspiration to so many people and have a lot to share. Can't wait to hear about the highlights!

See you both very soon!

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more pictures of the wedding(all brides are lovely and glowing :), and tales of your stint as "experts" on the panel. That is SO prefect that you were asked! They could not have had a better, more knowledgable or positive people to consult.
Love, Mom C